Accounting Associate II
|Salary Range:||$18.90 to $21.00 DOE|
|Benefits:||Lucrative first day health insurance, 401(k) matching, 20 days PTO in first year and much more!|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Company:||TruWest Credit Union|
|Description:||Position located in our Tempe Headquarters.|
Hours: M-F: 8-5
TruWest Credit Union has been in business for over 65 years and growing rapidly. We stand by the worldwide Credit Union motto of "People helping people" including members, each other and our community!
TruWest seeks someone who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves, be a team player, and who enjoys having some fun at work.
If you wish to work for a great place to work that provides fantastic first day benefits, please apply now and begin your career at one of the fastest growing credit unions in the area! You will be glad you did!
This individual will provide support to the accounting function of the credit union.
|Duties:||• Reconcile complex debit and credit card settlement.|
• Balance and resolve Check 21 outages and adjustments.
• Reconcile assigned general ledger accounts daily/monthly.
• Process various exception items.
• Maintain official check reconciliation file daily.
• Submit Safe Deposit Box tax payment.
• Post daily settlement for Lock Box.
• Verify AP posting report.
• Process Wire transfers.
• Backup to ACH processing.
• Provide accurate and professional assistance to branches and departments who call with balancing problems.
• Research and resolve all federal adjustment items.
• Follow credit union policies for compliance with all laws and regulations, specifically, but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, Security Policies and Confidentiality Policies.
High School Diploma or GED required and completion of one college-level accounting course preferred.
At least two years of credit union or related industry experience and two years of general ledger reconciliation experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
Knowledge and Skills:
General knowledge of basic accounting practices. Demonstrate neatness, accuracy, and speed when working with numbers. Practical experience with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, or equivalent software programs is required. Ability to work with limited supervision, as well as, with a team. Individual must have good oral and written communication skills, as well as strong interpersonal skills.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.