Mortgage Loan Originator
|Benefits:||Competitive Compensation Package|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Company:||Elevations Credit Union|
|Description:||Elevations Credit Union is a member-owned not-for-profit financial institution serving Colorado’s Front Range. Founded in 1953, we’ve grown from 12 members and less than $100 in assets to an institution with 11 branches and more than 120,000 members that manages over $1.7 billion in assets and is the No. 1 credit union mortgage lender in Colorado. At Elevations, we’ve made a commitment to move away from a product-centered business model and focus instead on creating consumer solutions. Our objective is to provide our members, as well as the entire community, with unbiased consumer information. |
When joining Elevations, you can expect to work for a company that:
• Provides amazing experiences and creates raving fans.
• Strives to provide solutions for a better life and promises employees it will be the best place they have ever worked.
• Wins awards such as “Best Bank”, “Best Companies to Work for in Colorado” and even the “Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award”, the only Presidential award for quality.
• Has a highly-engaged workforce and emphasizes career growth, empowerment and servant leadership.
|Duties:||What you will be doing: |
Originates mortgage loans in an assigned territory; develops referral relationships with realtors, builders, bankers, and other sources in order to proactively solicit business and conduct sales-related activities, in order to meet specific loan volume origination goals. Counsels customers, takes applications, conducts preliminary underwriting reviews, and submits loan applications to processing and underwriting for approval using laptop technology. Remains front line contact with customers and realtors to ensure that documents required for processing, underwriting, and closing are secured in a timely manner. The salary for this position is 100% commission.
• Interviews and assists members. Inputs loan applications into on-line loan system. Monitors on-line queue of member originated loans. Reviews files for completeness and accuracy. Communicates with loan processor/closer regarding any outstanding items and/or additional documentation needed. Requests additional information. Communicates terms and conditions of an approved loan and reviews with member. Delivers Good Faith Estimate/ TIL disclosures within 72 hours of application date.
• Assists with processing and loan closing coordination with member.
• Cross-sells other credit union services.
• Keeps informed of current trends in mortgage lending and market factors affecting mortgage lending.
|Qualifications:||What you need for this position: |
• Equivalent to a two-year college degree or completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school.
• Minimum of two years of current mortgage experience.
• Experience with FNMA Desktop Underwriter, FHLMC, FHA, and VA, PC Lender and Mortgage processing systems desired.
What’s in it for you:
• Competitive pay, organization-wide incentive program, 401k matching, mortgage and auto discounts
• 4 weeks min. paid time off, work anniversary paid time off, 11 paid holidays, and 16hrs paid volunteer time off
• Medical, dental, and vision health plans with FSA or HSA options
• Onsite fitness center, Zumba and yoga classes, health fairs with biometrics screening and flu shots
• Employee Assistance Program with a variety of services
• Career development, trainings, career coaching, job shadowing, mentoring program, tuition reimbursement up to $5,000/year, and a recognition system
• Culture of excellence and continuous improvement
• We strive to be the best place you’ve ever worked!
AAP/EEO Statement: Candidates for certain positions may be required to submit to a credit history report in determining qualification for employment with Elevations Credit Union. If the position you are applying for requires a credit history report, any information received in such report will be not be the sole factor in making an employment decision. A history of personal financial irresponsibility may be reason for disqualification insofar as it relates to your potential job duties. Elevations Credit Union is aware that occasionally there are extenuating circumstances that may affect an individual's credit history. We comply with the Fair Credit Reporting Act and the Colorado Employment Opportunity Act. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. Elevations provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.