Service Desk Specialist
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Company:||Elevations Credit Union|
|Description:||Position Summary: |
The individual in this position will be tasked with providing technical support, including but not limited to maintenance, installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of all hardware and software for end users on a variety of issues. The Service Desk Support person responds to requests for assistance in person, via phone, or electronically, and will follow service desk procedures, logs all interactions, and provide just-in-time training when needed.
This individual will need to have a strong sense of customer service, a keen eye for detail and organization. This is a great opportunity for an individual looking to launch his or her career in the field of Information Technology.
The successful candidate will:
• Provide first line support for problems with computer hardware, software, and phone, cellular, and network issues via phone, e-mail or in person, and route them to the appropriate personnel in a timely manner.
• Maintain inventory of IT assets including hardware and software.
• Maintain user account information including adding, removing and updating accounts.
• Regularly review policies and procedures and make recommendations for improving efficiency.
• Provide superior customer service while managing relationships with end users, business area leaders, partners, and vendors throughout the Credit Union environment.
• Accurately input, manage and process support requests in the Service Desk application.
• Report on the overall metrics of the IT Service Desk so that recurring problems can be identified and permanently resolved.
• Escalate unresolved issues, including all relevant details, to appropriate individuals.
• Maintain a positive, helpful attitude with end users.
• Communicate with different stakeholders supporting the technology, including other IT staff, 3rd party support and equipment vendors.
• Provide support on weekends on a rotational basis (every three Saturdays).
• Must be comfortable working regular business hours (9:00am to 6:00pm), Monday to Friday.
• At least one year of experience working in a technical support role.
• Working knowledge of help desk software, hardware, phone, and mobile devices.
• Working knowledge of Active Directory, VolP technology, and business relevant hardware and software preferred.
• Strong client-facing and communication skills.
• Advanced troubleshooting and multi-tasking skills.
• Must have an excellent focus on detail, time management, and organization.
• Views customer service as top priority.
• BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.