Mortgage Loan Originator
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Company:||Elevations Credit Union|
|Description:||When joining Elevations, you can expect to work for a company that:|
• Provides amazing experiences and creates raving fans.
• Strives to provide solutions for a better life and promises employees it will be the best place they have ever worked.
• Wins awards such as “Best Bank”, “Best Companies to Work for in Colorado” and even the “Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award”, the only Presidential award for quality.
• Has a highly-engaged workforce and emphasizes career growth, empowerment and servant leadership.
|Duties:||What you will be doing: |
Originates mortgage loans in an assigned territory; develops referral relationships with realtors, builders, bankers, and other sources in order to proactively solicit business and conduct sales-related activities, in order to meet specific loan volume origination goals. Counsels customers, takes applications, conducts preliminary underwriting reviews, and submits loan applications to processing and underwriting for approval using laptop technology. Remains front line contact with customers and realtors to ensure that documents required for processing, underwriting, and closing are secured in a timely manner. The salary for this position is 100% commission.
• Interviews and assists members. Inputs loan applications into on-line loan system. Monitors on-line queue of member originated loans. Reviews files for completeness and accuracy. Communicates with loan processor/closer regarding any outstanding items and/or additional documentation needed. Requests additional information. Communicates terms and conditions of an approved loan and reviews with member. Delivers Good Faith Estimate/ TIL disclosures within 72 hours of application date.
• Assists with processing and loan closing coordination with member.
• Cross-sells other credit union services.
• Keeps informed of current trends in mortgage lending and market factors affecting mortgage lending.
|Qualifications:||What you need for this position:|
• Equivalent to a two-year college degree or completion of a specialized course of study at a business or trade school.
• Minimum of two years of current mortgage experience.
• Experience with FNMA Desktop Underwriter, FHLMC, FHA, and VA, PC Lender and Mortgage processing systems desired.